Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sean Hannity versus Alice Baldwin

I've been reading and hearing the transcripts of the Hannity/Baldwin fight or shall I say, "bitch-slap" for the last few days now.

I keep hearing Alice's defenders say that he was "set up" or "ambushed" and that's why he reacted the way he did and stormed off the set of Brian Whitman's radio show.

The real story here is how Baldwin, like so many of his arrogant elitist Hollywood contemporaries, truly believe that there is no one on this earth who is smarter than they are and that anybody who criticizes them is an ignoramous or has the intellect of a "construction worker."

I was invited to do an interview with an Air America affilaite out of san Diego this past January after I accused Franken of using his USO tours as a publicty stunt and that he shows contempt for them with his skits and parodies mocking them on his radio program.

At first, the hosts were criticizing me and trying to bait me. I responded politely and respectfully. What was supposed to be just a 25 minute interview turned into a 1 hour segment and they ended up liking me (as much as a liberal can like a conservative). There was no nasty name calling (except from some callers) or ad hominem attacks like Baldwin did to Hannity.

A few weeks ago actor Richard Belzer appeared on Bill Maher's Friday night HBO program and declared that because he reads 20 newspapers (yea right)a day, and the troops are just a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds who couldn't find other employment (maybe they ought to try construction) he was better informed to talk about what is really happening in Iraq than the troops were.

Baldwin, Belcher, Clooney.... they are all the same - arrogant, pompous jerks who think they know more than they really do.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger bobcollum said...

"they are all the same - arrogant, pompous jerks who think they know more than they really do."

Yeah, those types can be very annoying. I tend to just harrass their blogs when I get a chance.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Speaking of ad hominem attacks...

"Baldwin, Belcher, Clooney.... they are all the same - arrogant, pompous jerks who think they know more than they really do."

I'm sure Alan was just trying to be ironic. Can't wait to see you at Tufts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home