Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Who supports our troops?

I was on the O'Reilly Factor this past Monday night to discuss some of the ugly rhetoric from the left against our troops.

The column written by LA Times columnist, Joel Stein, has caused quite a stir by coming right out and saying that he doesn't support our troops and that it is totally inconsistant (I'm using nicer words) to say you're "against the war but for our troops," something we hear quite often from the Democrats.

I was there to defend and explain why Al "I do USO Tours" Franken belongs on that shamefull list of liberals who besmirch the troops.

I cited a number of examples in my book of Franken doing skits and parodies that mock and demean our troops.

One such parody contains the verse:

Sorry ‘bout the prisoners
Sorry they got raped
Sorry they got tortured
Sorry it got taped…
Believe me when I say their apology is sincere
I’m awfully sorry for that broomstick up their rear…


Way to show that love and respect for our guys that you claim to have Al!

Anyhow, I brought up another example. This past summer, conservative talk show hostess, Melanie Morgan, led a delegation of talk show hosts to Iraq to allow the troops to tell Americans what is really happening there and why they believe their mission is so important. Before she left US soil, Franken denounced her and her upcoming trip as "propaganda."

Of course one has to wonder why a guy like Franken who loves and honors our troops would be so upset about allowing the troops to speak for themselves in a positive manner.

Well, I just received word that Melanie won an APTRA Mark Twain award for Best Special Program for "Voices of Soldiers" coverage in Iraq.

Congratulations Melanie, and boo on you Al.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home