Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Make a Mistake

Believe it or not, I made a mistake. In a recent post, I reported that Mr. Al Franken had claimed that his new PAC had raised and dispensed monies to various candidates. After checking with several watchdog groups who monitor fundraising activities, I found that Midwest Values PAC, G-d Only knows what that is all about, had neither raised nor dispensed ANY money whatsoever.

After making a few calls, I discovered that the watchdogs I researched monitor at the federal level, whose laws and rules about filing deadlines are different from those who are active at the local level.

In other words according to the local watchdogs, MVP had indeed raised and dispensed contributions, while at the federal level MVP was not obligated to file their activities, which is why zero was reported.

I apologize for the misreporting and am happy to make the corrections.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger natedizawg said...

Mr. Skorski, I thought all conservatives and Republicans were lying liars who never admitted to error! Gasp!

If only the occassional factual errors were all that people like Al Franken had to apologize for! As you have again and again demonstrated, Franken could not possibly make the claims that he does and not know otherwise.

Your book, "Pants on Fire," is eye-opening, and I am dismayed that it has not recieved due attention in the New media.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Wild Catter 1980 said...

Mr. Skorski,

Kudos to you for your maturity. Regardless of one's views, it takes a mature individual to admit their mistakes.

It is the insecure, immature and the conceited who would rather make excuses or repeat the lies and errors than admit their mistakes.

Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home