Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Truth about 'The Truth'

Rather than give an overall critique of the book, I have decided to break it down to several postings to highlight what I like/don't like about the book. Too much writing will lose the interest of the reader.

For starters, I like the book cover. Like his last book, the art department did an excellent job with graphics, spacing, letter colors,...They even manage to make Al look semi-good looking, as opposed to the picture of him on the cover of my book.

The title is clever, but the subtitle is misleading. I have read the first 11 chapters and I have yet to laugh at anything with the intensity that I did reading Al's last book. And just to show that I can be objective, I even emailed Al as I completed, Lies...telling him that the book had very funny parts and that it was a very enjoyable read, even if I didn't agree with him.

I cannot make that claim with this book. In fact, I could be that guy who Franken clobbered on his much criticized video promotion. Throughout the early chapters he mentions quite a few times about how he had written this or that in "my last book, Lies and the Lying Liars..." as if he is still trying to get that Amazon ranking higher for a book that was released two years ago.

Like many on the left who couldn't let go of Bush winning in 2000, Franken can't seem to let go of Kerry losing in 2004. Blaming the non-stop smears of the Bush machine because everybody knows that Democrats never ever attack their Republican opponents.

Franken still can't get over the fact that a PDB that said something to the effect that "Bin Laden determined to strike" wasn't immediately understood by the Bush Administration to mean that on September 11, 2001 planes would be hijacked and flown into the World Trade Center. And this mind you after Franken accuses the Bush camp of using fear tactics to turn out the vote.
Can you imagine the outrage from the left and the media if President Bush had relied on a PDB to inform Americans that we are about to come under attack? They would have criticized him for using this to distract people from the fact that he stolen the election from Al Gore.

More postings on The Truth with (lame) Jokes to continue

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Big D said...

Actually I personally find a fault with the PDB but it's not what the democrats complain about. If I remember right in one of his last US interviews in I think 98 Bin Ladin pretty much states he wants to do strikes in the US. My problem is you'd think the president would have better info than what was basically stuff from a 3 year old news interview. Of course this would mean the dems would you know, have to think and stop the knee jerk "bush is evil" meme. Maybe if Kerry had pointed this out he might have done better.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Chris Parker said...

I am listening to the audio book right now and I find it really funny. Al does all of the voices himself, which might make a difference. The Cheney voice is brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home