Friday, September 23, 2005

Radio Franken Beggin' for Money

I still remember hearing Franken telling his listeners that Air America's ratings were growing by leaps and bounds. I remember Franken denouncing author Brian Anderson for questioning his ratings.

While I am not in the radio business, I thought good ratings leads to revenue, so imagine my shock when I read that Air America is now soliciting donations from its listeners (of which they have very few.)

From Air America:

"To continue this great success story and start shaping the national debate the way that Right Wing talk radio does every day,... we've got to reach into every community in this country. We know we can't achieve this next stage of growth without significant help from you, our loyal listeners."

Imagine that. They are asking for donations to help shape a country that doesn't want to have anything to do with them.

Remember Franken gloating after Air America's initial launch when they posted some respectable numbers (before they collapsed)? Remember him saying, "Rush Limbaugh said nobody would listen to liberal talk radio and we proved him wrong?"

Well guess what Al, not only is nobody listening but nobody is contributing either.

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Tery Robertson said...

Enough with Copyright
In other words, copyright issues are something I have to deal with daily, if not more often, and sometimes with potentially serious consequences.
Hi, isn’t blogging fun? I really enjoy it and also visiting other people’s blogs. You have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a pregnancy acne blog. It pretty much covers pregnancy acne related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger F U Skorski said...

wtf

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger F U Skorski said...

this is all you got?? he wants money.....????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home